PAAS is a peroxyacetic acid-based sanitizer/disinfectant suitable for killing a wide range of bacteria, yeasts and fungi at temperatures as low as 40° F.
WHY IT’S A BETTER SANATIZER
- May be diluted as low as 1 oz. per 6 gallons of water for real economy.
- Less corrosive to equipment and safer for users than chlorine.
- Can be used in any food or beverage related setting.
- Safer for the environment—breaks down to water, acetic acid (vinegar) and oxygen.
HOW IT SANITIZES
SANTIZING FOOD CONTACT SURFACES: Prior to sanitizing, remove gross food particles, then wash with a detergent solution, followed by a potable water rinse. Sanitize with a concentration of 1-2 ounces of this product dissolved in 6 gallons of water (73-146 ppm active). Use immersion, coarse spray, or circulation techniques as appropriate to the equipment. All surfaces must be exposed to sanitizing solution for a period of at least 60 seconds or more as specified by a governing code. Drain excess solution. Do not rinse.
*Although approved as a no-rinse sanitizer, some brewers may prefer to follow the sanitizing step with a potable water rinse. If so, it is important to monitor any microorganisms present in the water to prevent recontamination.
WHERE IT SANITIZES
- Fermentation/Maturation Tank
- Aging/Bright Beer Tank
- Bottle/Can Filler
Appearance: Clear Liquid
Odor: Sharp, pungent
% Phosphates: None
Water Solubility: Complete
EPA Reg. Number: 10324-214-48062